Terms And Conditions
Please carefully read the following terms before accessing this site and online Course Materials. By accessing the site, you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access the site.
You agree that you have read, understand and agree to these terms. You also agree to review this document periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement, which The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. may make at any time. Your continued use of this site will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
- “Access” or “Accessing” means accessing, using, viewing the content or otherwise obtaining information on the Site.
- “Agreement” or “Terms” refers to these Terms and Conditions of Use and any subsequent modifications.
- “The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.” refers to all subsidiaries operated under The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. Pty Ltd (Altmore International Pty Ltd, James CM Pty Ltd )
- “Subscriber” refers to any person or entity that purchases or uses a subscription to the Online Courses, and may be a Single-User Subscriber or Multi-User Subscriber.
- “User” refers to any party who accesses the Site. If You are accessing the site as an employee or agent of another, “User” refers to You, and Your principal.
- “Website” or “Site” refers to the website maintained on the World Wide Web by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd..
- “You” or “Your” refers to the User. If You are Accessing the Site as an employee or agent of another, “You” or “Your” refers to the User and the User’s principal.
2. Modification of terms
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. Except as otherwise stated herein, any change to these Terms is effective immediately after The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. gives notice to the User. Notice can be given through email, a posting on the Site or any other means by which a User may obtain notice. User agrees to check the Site periodically for changes to these Terms. Any use of the Site after changes have been made shall be deemed acceptance of those changed terms and/or conditions.
3. Limited license
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. hereby grants each Subscriber a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to access the content and information available in the on-line courses according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the applicable subscription fees and adherence to these Terms. Each Multi-User Subscriber may only allow its employees and agents to access the on-line courses. If the Multi-User Subscriber’s license terminates, the Multi-User Subscriber’s employees and agents shall no longer have Access to the on-line courses. Each Multi-User Subscriber agrees that the on-line courses may not be Accessed by more than the authorized number of Users purchased by the Multi-User Subscriber. Each User shall be authorized to Access the on-line courses from any Internet connection. A Multi-User Subscriber administrator selected by the Subscriber (the “Administrator”) shall be designated to oversee and be responsible for management of the User accounts.
4. Fees; renewal; refund policies
By enrolling in and/or attending a program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
Conditions of enrolment in respect to maintaining a COVIDSafe environment
CJM has developed a comprehensive set of regulations that aim to minimise the risk of exposing staff and clients to COVID-19 when a program is run in person. By enrolling in and/or attending a program, clients agree to be bound by these conditions of enrolment.
If a participant has COVID-like symptoms and therefore cannot attend the in-person program, they can be transferred to another program date and:
- On receipt of proof that they have taken a COVID-19 test, the transfer fee will be waived. Evidence of their registration for the test results is sufficient proof.
- If no proof of a COVID-19 test is provided, the transfer fee is payable, otherwise, the program fee will be forfeited.
Conditions of enrolment
You understand and voluntarily assume all innate and obvious risks associated with the program.
- You indemnify us against any proper claims, costs or damages arising from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you have read and understood the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations and transfers
Programs delivered to the public
- In-person bookings disrupted by COVID-19 and related Government restrictions will be delivered virtually or credited for future use (must be used within 12 months of the date of issue).
- In all other circumstances, transfers to a different program type or different program date must be completed more than 5 working days from the commencement of the program and will incur a $150 transfer fee.
- Transfers to a different program type or different program date must be completed more than 14 working days from the commencement of the program and will incur a $150 transfer fee.
- Cancellations received more than 14 working days from the commencement of the program will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations or transfers within 14 working days of the commencement of the program will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions of participants can be made at any time.
- Should The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. need to cancel a program a full refund will be obtainable. We accept no liability for any other costs.
Programs delivered within corporates
- Bookings disrupted by COVID-19 and related Government restrictions will be delivered virtually by a The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. facilitator either via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Unless otherwise agreed a date will be held for a client for the delivery of services for a period of 7 days.
- A date for the delivery of services will only be confirmed (locked in) upon the receipt of a purchase order or deposit (please refer to point 6 under Terms of Payment).
- Should a client wish to cancel or postpone a confirmed booking; no charge will be made provided The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. is given at least six weeks’ notice. Thereafter The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will make all reasonable efforts to reschedule activities to mitigate against loss of time. If this cannot be achieved, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to charge the full professional fee for cancelled booking and 50% professional fee for postponed bookings.
- When programs or events are confirmed within six weeks of commencement, the client accepts full responsibility for the implications of the cancellation policy. The full policy can be found on our website.
- Where an unconfirmed date is held and another client requests the same date, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will provide 24 hours’ notice to the original holder to confirm the dates, in accordance with 10) above. If confirmation is not received, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to release the date.
- Where more than 2 dates are held for the same event a purchase order or a minimum of 10% deposit may be required.
- Should a request be made by a client to change a confirmed date The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to charge an additional admin fee of $150.
5. Access to the on-line courses; modification of content
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. strives to provide the on-line courses to its Subscribers on a continuous basis. To that end, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access to the on-line courses to its Subscribers. However, from time to time, Subscribers may be unable to access the on-line courses due to conditions beyond The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s control. Such conditions
However, from time to time, Subscribers may be unable to access the on-line courses due to conditions beyond The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons.
In response to any unavailability of the on-line courses to its Subscribers, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. endeavors to provide the highest quality content to its Subscribers. To that end, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, Access and/or the Terms of this Site.
Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this Site. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site.
6. Prohibited conduct
User expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following “Prohibited Conduct”:
- Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus, advertisement, communication, or other item or process to the Site that in any way affects the use, enjoyment or service of the Site, or adversely affects The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s computers, servers or databases.
- Capture, download, save, upload, print or otherwise retain information and content available on the Site other than what is expressly allowed by these Terms.
- Permit or provide others Access to the on-line courses using Your user name and password or otherwise, or the name and password of another authorized User.
- Copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on the Site.
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark, legal notices, or other proprietary notations from the content available on the Site.
- Transfer the Site content to another person; “frame,” “mirror,” “in-line link,” or employ similar navigational technology to the Site content; or “deep link” to the Site content.
- Violate or attempt to violate The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s security mechanisms, Access any data or server You are not authorized to Access or otherwise breach the security of the Site or corrupt the Site in any way.
- Engage in any other conduct which violates the Copyright Act or other laws of Australia and international conventions.
- Use any device (such as a “web crawler” or other automatic retrieval mechanism) or other means to harvest information about other Users, the Site or The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd..
- Use the Site to violate a third party’s intellectual property, personality, publicity or confidentiality rights; upload, download, display, publish, perform, create derivative works from, transmit, or otherwise distribute information or content in violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Misrepresent Your identity or personal information when Accessing the Site; forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail so that the e-mail appears to be generated by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd..
- Post obscene, harassing, defamatory, filthy, violent, pornographic, abusive, threatening, objectionable or illegal material on the Site; post a communication that advocates or encourages criminal conduct or conduct that may give rise to civil liability.
- Advertise or otherwise solicit funds, goods or services on the Site.
- Provide any commercial hosting service with Access to the Site and/or the content on the Site.
To ensure that Users of the Site do not engage in Prohibited Conduct, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to monitor use of the Site and reserves the right to revoke or deny Access to the on-line courses to any person or entity whose use of the on-line courses suggests Prohibited Conduct. Access of the materials available at the on-line courses beyond that of normal patterns of use that suggests systematic copying of the materials constitutes abuse of the on-line courses and will result in revocation or denial of Access to the on-line courses. The terms “normal patterns” and “abuse” shall be determined solely by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd..
You agree not to violate any Australian, foreign or international software or technology export laws and regulations.
7. Limited warranties
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. warrants that the software that allows Users to Access the on-line courses (“Software”), if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described on the Site. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. provides no warranty that your hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and / or internet service is compatible or sufficient to access the site. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd., is free from defects in material on the date the User acquired the Software. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in its own and absolute discretion: a) To replace the defective media or software b) to advise the user how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the software described; or c) if the above remedies are impractical, to refund the subscription fee paid for access to the on-line courses. The user must inform The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. of any problem with the software within thirty (30) calendar days of discovering the problem or The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will not be obligated to honour this warranty. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will use commercially reasonable efforts to repair, replace or refund the software pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being notified. If any modifications are made to the software by the user during the warranty period; or if the user violates the terms of this agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate.
8. Disclaimers and limitations of liability
User accesses this site at his/her/its own risk. This site is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind (beyond the warranties set forth in section 7), expressed, implied, or statutory, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third parties’ rights are specifically disclaimed. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. does not warrant any particular result from the use of this site. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. does not warrant that the operation of and access to the site will be uninterrupted, error free, virus free, or completely secure. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. or any of its affiliates, agents, employees, shareholders, directors, officers or assigns be liable to You or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK
9. Copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights
The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the “look and feel” of the Site, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content. You should assume that everything You read or see on the Site is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.. Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms, nothing that You read or see on the Site or in the on-line courses may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd., except as provided in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms grants You an express or implied license to use any of The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s intellectual property except as set forth in Section 3.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold harmless The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. and its officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, successors and assigns from and against any cause of action or claim, including court costs, expenses and attorney fees, related to or arising from User’s Prohibited Conduct or other improper or illegal use of the Site, or breach of these Terms.
11. Security; authorised use
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. has the right but not the obligation to investigate occurrences of possible violations and will cooperate with all applicable law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violators. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. may suspend Your Access while it conducts an investigation. Users are required to enter a user name and password to Access the on-line courses. To protect against unauthorized Access to Your account, it is recommended that You close the browser when You have finished using the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your user name and password.You represent and warrant that You are the person on whose behalf You claim to accept these Terms, or, if You are entering into these Terms on behalf of a person or entity, You represent and warrant that You have the power and authority to enter into these Terms and bind the person or entity. You also represent and warrant that You are an adult who is legally able to enter into these Terms.You may not use the account, user name or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. immediately of any unauthorized use or loss of Your account, user name, password and/or credit card information. You also agree to notify The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. immediately if You are aware of or suspect other unauthorized use of the Site and/or the Site content. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.s will not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your user name and password with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd., its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents or representatives due to someone else’s use of Your account, user name or password. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will never ask You for Your password. If You need a new user name and/or password, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. will generate a new user name and password automatically through its computers and send it to Your e-mail or postal address.
12. Termination of agreement
In addition to The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s other rights, it may terminate this Agreement at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. may also terminate Access to the on-line courses without notice if it believes, in its sole judgment, that You have breached or may breach any term or condition of this Agreement, or have engaged in conduct that The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. deems inappropriate. In the event of termination of this Agreement, the provisions in this Section and the provisions found in Sections 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15, shall survive in perpetuity. Each Subscriber’s obligation to pay any outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. and User regarding the subject matter hereof. Any previous agreement, whether oral or written, between The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. and User dealing with the subject matter here of is superseded. These Terms may only be modified or amended in writing. If any portion of these Terms is determined to be unenforceable for any reason, such portion will be deemed severed and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Upon User’s breach or threatened breach of these Terms, The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. may pursue any legal or equitable remedy available, including but not limited to, direct, consequential and punitive damages and injunctive relief. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd.’s remedies are cumulative and not exclusive. Failure of The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. to exercise any remedy or enforce any portion of this Agreement at any time shall not operate as a waiver of any remedy or of the right to enforce any portion of the Agreement at any time thereafter. User agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or regarding this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. By Accessing the Site, User signs for and accepts this term. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. makes no representation that the content of the Site is appropriate or available for use in all locations. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. operates this Site from Australia and makes no representation that the Site complies with any foreign or international laws.
You agree to comply with all applicable local laws, including any international laws, in using this Site. You may not assign Your rights or delegate Your duties under these Terms. The parties agree that no third party is an intended beneficiary of these Terms. The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. cannot provide notifications via post, only e-mail.
15. Governing law; dispute resolution; forum and venue
These Terms and any claim or action related to or arising from these Terms or content on the Site shall be governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia, without regard to any provision that would make the laws of another jurisdiction applicable.
All disputes between You and The Colin James Method Pty. Ltd. shall be finally resolved through binding arbitration in New South Wales. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and courts of appeal from them. Each party waives any right it has to object to an action being brought in those courts, to claim that the action has been brought in an inconvenient forum or to claim that those courts do not have jurisdiction.
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 01, 2020